Tuesday 20 April 2010

Week of the show

I've got my first night in for weeks tonight, and I actually don't know what to do with myself. Okay, so there's plenty to do - I can reply to the mass of emails that's been building up, I can try and find a cast for one of the other projects which has been more than problematic, I can try and learn my lines for Thursday's show...that's probably the most sensible option, actually. Or I could just end up on Facebook, drinking beer and falling asleep to mid-90's sitcoms...I probably deserve this, it's been a stressful few days. My 'other' show, 'Some Plays About Indie Rock' has been struck by disaster right from the start - it was supposed to open this week as a kind of support act to the main show, 'Cat Food', it wasn't essential that it opened this week because it's main purpose was to be performed at the Bury Fringe, which is weeks away yet, but I thought it would be nice to give it another couple airings beforehand to ease the cast in to things. But, having lost 5 cast members, and now the rehearsal space for 3 nights in a row, that's not gonna happen and I've been a bit sweary about the whole thing. Let's just do 'Cat Food' this week then, and worry about the other show next week... Cat Food itself is slightly stressing me, simply because I'm in it, and I'm not used to being 'in' things as such. We've only had 2 rehearsals with me as an actor, there was one last night but it clashed with my soundcheck, and we've only got 2 rehearsals left - tomorrow night (which is the dress rehearsal) and then Thursday (which is the panic rehearsal which will end half an hour before doors open and then we do the show), but I'm reasonably confident about my lines at last, it's taken a week, but most of them are starting to sink in. Well, some of them. Well, a few of them - enough for it to look like a show, at least. Right, where's that beer...

No comments: