Sunday 25 April 2010

The second performance...

It didn't work tonight, let's be honest about that. I've got a good little cast here, but having built ourselves up a fair bit for Thursday's performance, the 3 day break didn't help at all and we seemed to lose a bit of focus. On a personal level, I was really happy with Thursday's first performance - it was like I was proper actor (almost), but tonight, in front of a bigger audience (including one or two industry types, bugger) it was a fairly harsh reminder that I am often not as good as I think I am. I didn't look at the script in between performances until a quick line-check with Gytha before the show tonight, why do I have the right to think I can just swarm in and make a good show of it? Putting on a show takes time, and comittment, and tonight I was caught out. Structurally, it still worked - and the audience where probably none the wiser, they all laughed at the right times, but we've got a week and a half until the next performance and we need to get the energy up again. There's a really good little show in there, somewhere.

No comments: