Monday 5 April 2010

Easter, Brighton and general disorganisation

Well that's the Easter break out of the way then, 4 days off work which alarmingly drifted by with much left to be done. My home Internet connection is working again which has been a huge bonus, I'm still not sure why it broke or how I fixed it - I came in on Thursday to find a power cut, and by the time I'd popped out to see the excellent Pappy's (formally Pappy's Fun Club) do their thing in Cambridge the power was back on and so was my wireless connection. Baffling, but nice all the same. Anyway, Easter was fun - on Friday morning I met up with good friends Richard and Kerry in Cambridge and we ended up in a music store in Peterborough where I picked up a beautiful set of congas - seriously, they're stunning, almost feel bad hitting them. In between 3 gigs in 3 nights (all detailed below - should have been 4 in 3 but Nathan from Eureka Stockade did his back in) I found the time to play football for the first time in years (and what a mess I was too - I'm so incredibly out of shape), finished writing the radio sitcom ('The Modest Adventures Of Patrick and Cameron') and today I attended the Brighton Fringe rehearsals - which are alarming for the fact that Gytha the director hasn't had the pleasure of having the whole cast in the room at the same time and the show opens next Thursday, but comforting in the fact that Gytha knows what she's doing and I can just stick to being the writer, which is always the safest place for me to be. I still need to get a cast for the other Bury St. Edmunds Fringe show though - I've left it late, I've got a great director in Jo Smythe, I just need to get her some actors to work with on this, this could be really bad if I don't sort it in the next few days...

In the meantime the world is seemingly full of opportunities, the continued offers to write for film, the fact that I currently drum in 7 bands, lovely social occasions on a regular basis, I'm happy enough - okay, so none of the 3 gigs I played this weekend were proper gooduns on any level, but if I can just get these fringe shows back on the right track everything will be marvelous.

Currently listening to: Joe Jackson - Rain, The Dawn Parade, bits of the new Eureka Stockade album which don't have vocals or bass on them yet

Currently reading: still on the Fawlty Towers book at the mo

Currently watching: The Worst Week Of My Life, Auf Wiedersehen Pet

No comments: