Monday 26 April 2010

An Ambulance Stuck In Traffic In London

Tonight I went down to Waterloo to see another performance of my play, An Ambulance Stuck In Traffic, the second production in the capital for this play this year which is weird considering I wrote it three years ago, and nobody liked it originally. It's on for three nights in London this week, courtesy of the nice people behind the April Showers event, and it's lovely to not be a producer, or actor, or anything but the writer for this, and it's even lovelier when the producer is so brilliant and so were the cast (and director). The Horse is an odd space, with the theatre bit being upstairs, and the audience were sat on sofas, it was almost too comfortable, but it works tremendously well. I'm getting fatigued, generally, with 'local' life, and, like my recent RADA adventure, tonight was the reminder of who Paul Richards really is - seeing my work performed by these wonderful actors, in front of an audience who were really into it and not afraid to laugh out loud, it's very inspiring. And, I might add, I didn't even get lost on the tube coming home, which is the first time ever. I'm going back tomorrow, it's the same show, but I just want to be there - it feels like, with the daily routine at work and casting issues for my little local shows dragging me down, I lead a double life with all the other exciting bits going on. I just need to remember the exciting bits a bit more often, it is all worthwhile.

No comments: