Friday 23 April 2010

The first performance...

...was actually alright. Amazed we got there - considering the mess the show was in a couple weeks back, but I came off stage rather happy, and almost to the certain extent wondering why I've lost so many nights sleep over it. I got my lines right - but perhaps focusssed too much on the words so some of my physical movements were a little stilted, but one step at a time. The audience were lovely, all laughing at the right time, and the rest of the cast were exceptional, which made things a little easier. If anything, it was almost a dissapointment that there were no crisis to write about here, it was all a bit 'normal'. Still, we've got another 7 or so performances to go, we'll do something terrible at some point I'm sure.

In the meantime the new projects continue to pile in - my work with Jon Orchard is now being extended to a full band line-up which should be fun - especially considering the calibre of musicians he likes to work with, also heard the first mixes of the new Under The Streetlamp album today and I'm extremely happy with them, as well as booking up studio time for session drum work with Cracking Tunes artists Lu and Laura Tapp. Writing wise we've confirmed a slot at the Cambridge Comedy Festival for a new show I've been working on with Alan Morgan called 'The Hedgehog Collective', and of course the much delayed Clowns project is taking greater shape with Katie Gatt and Zoe Meers from Our Painted Nature set to join in the songwriting fun...2010? It's shaping into a pretty good year.

No comments: