Wednesday 27 April 2011

Recording with Bryan Shore

Did a little recording tonight with my good friend Bryan Shore. I really like Bryan's stuff - he's well regarded as a top-notch guitarist/bassist (with John Peel favourites The Mutts and also with The Shivers) and his two solo albums as The Prisoner Of Mars are absolutely brilliant. His latest project is to ambitiously recreate the whole of The Rolling Stones album, 'Their Satanic Majesties Request', he's got a few guests on it but like most of these talented musos I have the pleasure of coming across he's playing a majority of it himself. I was asked to play congas on three tracks that would benefit from a bit of manic percussion - ended up doing four as we realised another one needed it too (can't remember the name but it had a nice Latin vibe to it), and it was one of those nice easy sessions - one take stuff on three of them, and two takes on the other, whole thing wrapped up in 45 minutes. Not that it's about how quick you can do things, of course, but in my impatient little world I was really happy with tonight.

No comments: