Monday 11 April 2011

Promo videos, plays and stuff

Yesterday we filmed the promotional video for the new Eureka Stockade single, Through Every Darkness. I say 'we', all 'we' as a band did was turn up at a local university and play the song endless times, as the clever camera people got shots of us from every possible angle. They worked hard, I'm rubbish with names, but there was four of them and they were fantastically professional, it was such a nice set-up and eye-opening for me to see what goes into these things. We've released a few singles this year with videos already but this will be the first one to actually have us on camera. I'm glad we're going bigger scale for this one as I've long thought this is the strongest track on the album. Sadly, I'm completely amateurish and couldn't physically do the whole moody thing, so I smiled like a goon throughout. There's one in every band, and for the bands that I'm in, it's often me. A good day though, it was long, but will be worthwhile.

Tomorrow night, after a week off, we resume rehearsals for 'Is It Too Late To Save Oscar Pike?' (or as a friend named it in her diary, 'Paul's crisis play'). A lot has changed since the last rehearsal, sadly we've lost Alice due to other committments, but Kate Madison has stepped in and I'm very happy to be working with her again - she has the kind of life the role of Tessa needs. Also, we've now got a director, Michelle Golder, who is an incredible addition to the team. I've worked with Michelle loads over the years and generally she makes things good - she's driven and organised, and with her now in charge I'm feeling all the more confident about it. Tomorrow however is exactly 4 weeks until the opening show in Cambridge. Have I learnt my lines yet? Of course I haven't. And now I'm panicking, I've got 32 pages of dialogue to learn, sharpish. This could be touch and go, you know.

Currently watching: Friday Night Dinner (best sitcom in 4 years on TV? Possibly, it's brilliant), White Van Man

Currently reading: Danny Wallace - Friends Like These (yes, I know, I'm a slow reader, let it go)

Currently listening to: Stevie Wonder live album, Revere - Hey! Selim, Slow Club - Yeah So, Julian Velard - Mr. Saturday Night

No comments: