Tuesday 23 November 2010

Gig report: Flaming June @ BBC Radio Suffolk, Ipswich

Band: Flaming June
Venue: BBC Radio Suffolk - Broadcast House, Ipswich
Date: 23/11/10
Audience: It's being broadcast next week, so we'll wait and see I guess.
Set: Insane Ex-Girlfriend Parade, You Do Moody So Well, Nerves Of Steel, The Wizard, The Boy I Knew Before I Met You
Notes: Enjoyed that, as I seem to be enjoying most things Flaming June at the moment. I got very lost finding the studio, but was made to feel very welcome when I did get there a fair bit later than everybody else. We were recording a session for The Stephen Foster show, which will air on BBC Radio Suffolk next week at some point, with Louise and Steve also doing a brief interview with him. The fact that the session was pre-recorded ensured it was pressure-free, yet we still played with a fiery energy and confidence that sounded pretty clean on the listen back. Looking forward to hearing it, I felt we all played well tonight.

No comments: