Friday 12 November 2010

Gig report: Eureka Stockade @ High Barn, Great Bardfield

Band: Eureka Stockade (with guest Anna Scott on cello)
Venue: High Barn, Great Bardfield, Essex
Date: 12/11/10
Audience: A fair amount of them, very respectful, seated
Set: (without cello) She Got Good, Erotomania, Violence, (with cello) Broken Pieces, Warm Hands, All Alone, Without You, Through Every Darkness, Heroes Fall
Notes: High Barn is and has been for a good while my favourite venue, tonight was the second time I've had the pleasure of playing there and the fourth time altogether I've drummed there (having worked on the Lu recording sessions at the venue earlier this year). We headlined tonight, which was a lovely thing, and the brilliant Anna Scott, who played on our album (to be released December 6th) joined us for most of the set after a successful rehearsal during the week. The support acts were all very young, making us feel very old, the audience were reserved but polite enough to make us feel welcome. The sound was great, we were a bit off the pace for the first tune, but by the time we were at 'All Alone' I felt we were really flying, and Anna's performance was consistantly great. I was a bit caveman-like in my playing tonight, far too bashy, but I doubt anybody noticed - in fact some audience members were extremely complimentary afterwards. Capped off the evening by not getting lost, which is a huge bonus and a first for me at that venue, although I did cheat and follow Nathan the bassist.

No comments: