Thursday 31 December 2009

End of the decade

Well that all came around a bit quickly...the end of 2009 that is, the rest of the decade was a bit ploddy at times, to be honest. I'm in a reflective mood, mostly because it's just me sat in the office by myself whilst my workmates are down the pub (I declined their kind invitation as I'm feeling a little rough and want to be in good shape for the fun and excitement (hopefully) that tonight has to offer). So, a quick couple of stats I guess...2009:

I played 40 gigs - nowhere near as many as I should have played.
I played live with 7 different bands
I recorded 6 different releases in the studio, with 5 different bands - nowhere near as many as a so-called session drummer should have played.
I wrote 11 plays - not bad I guess
My work was performed 28 times, in 8 different venues

I finally moved out of my parents' house into my own space, I produced a 5-week cabaret show, failed really badly at trying to make a film and launched a record label. All in all, not bad; a 'B - ' I think. Next year, I want an 'A*'.

My goals for next year are far more simple:

TO TOUR WITH A BAND (the wheels for that are very much in motion)
TO TAKE MORE THAN 1 SHOW TO THE EDINBURGH FRINGE
EDINBURGH AND BRIGHTON FRINGE SHOWS NEED TO FUND THEMSELVES
TURN 'CRACKING TUNES' INTO A PROPER, MONEY-MAKING BUSINESS
DO LOTS OF STUFF FOR THE RADIO AS A PLAYWRIGHT

Should be a doddle, 2010 - you're all mine, bitch.

No comments: