Monday 21 December 2009

Christmas show - performance 3


Ahh, it's all over, the final creative project of the year. The third performance was actually superb (well, I was all over the place but I only had a small part), the show concluded on a real high. Partly because we had the perfect audience (the ideal level between enthusiastic yet respectful), and the packed house seemed to really enjoy our little festive piece. True, so in retrospect there were a few things wrong with the show - for starters it was too long with both pieces on one billing, and the energy dropped a little about half an hour into the second play (which is partly down to the writing), but I'm really, really proud of the team for pulling this show off under such tight time constraints - they all buzzed on stage, and I came away feeling chuffed for even being associated with it, let alone haven written it. I was toying with the idea of a 4th 'Alex' play as there still seems plenty of life in the concept, but what with Colin now in a serious play ('Clockwork' - which looks excellent), Victoria still living in London and Vaughan not too keen to be type-cast as arrogant American 'Buddy' for every play I give him, I think it's time to move on, would do me good to explore new territory, sometimes it's good to leave these things on a high - and the sold out performance last night did exactly that. The final project of 2009 then, a little messy, but a nice end to a pretty good year me thinks.

No comments: