Wednesday 25 February 2009

Putting things in boxes

Moving out is a much bigger task than I thought it would be. I've started packing a couple days early because I've been staring at a screen writing what *will* be the Edinburgh show for 8 hours without a break. My father has very kindly got me some boxes, 2 large ones, which are 'perfect for CD's' - I've been selective on the CD's that are travelling with me, knowing full well many can be left back here at my parents' place. But then I have to get selective with the 400 or so that is actually making the trip with me, I'm starting to feel like a bit of a bastard towards albums which have been good to me in the past. Like, how did the second Starsailor album make the squad (trip) whilst David Bowie's 'Hunky Dory' is left on the bench (home CD rack), or Bob Marley: Live not coming with me but I still found room for four Undertones albums? It's all a little stressful. And the memories that come from all these albums too, each attached to the CD is a little story about (mostly) a relationship failure, aspiration or just actually a relationship. It would make a great play you know, but I'd be accused of trying to be Nick Hornby, nothing wrong with that but after all these years (all 4 of them) doing festivals I still take bad press very personally.

No comments: