Saturday 30 June 2012

Gig report: The Trevor Jones Band @ Evolution Dome, St Neots

Band: The Trevor Jones Band
Venue: Diamond Ball @ Evolution Dome/St Neots Rugby Club, St Neots
Date: 30/06/12
Audience: Busy, chatting
Set: All I Am, Badman, I Don't Wanna Talk About It, Roll On The Rain, Alive, Have I Told You That I Love You, , Solid Ground, Can't Take This Anymore
Notes: Our second gig of the day, and after the new Sat Nav I installed on my fancy new phone took me to a completely different location I was happy to arrive at the huge dome - it looks great, you know it's a slightly bigger gig than your average show when you turn up to see something like that. I had a slight issue with the zipped door and fell in to the venue, which wasn't a great start but I appreciate the bar staff not laughing, even though they had clearly noticed and were struggling to remain professional as I crawled briefly on the floor, legs everywhere. Gig itself was nice enough - we knew the score from the start, it was a huge and very worthy charity event, and we were one of two acoustic acts playing (the other is Libby Holden, sister of Pixie Lott and excellent singer-songwriter in her own right - Libby was very friendly when we met her briefly). We were on just as the audience arrived, it was a swanky, black-tie event but we were very much background music. But we felt appreciated all the same, Jo - the host, looked after us well and we served our purpose. And it was nice to wear a full suit for a change. To quote the legendary Aidan Moffatt - "birth, love and death - the only reasons to get dressed up." Well, let me add a fourth reason to that equation - function gigs.

No comments: