Sunday 13 February 2011

Gig report: Flaming June @ The Cornerhouse, Cambridge

Band: Flaming June
Venue: The Cornerhouse, Cambridge
Date: 12/02/11
Audience: Heaving
Set: Rejoice, Under My Skin, The Devils Daughter, You Do Moody So Well, The Boy I Knew Before I Met You, The Insance Ex-Girlfiend Parade, Nerves Of Steel, I Know What It's Like (no drums), The Wizard, Wednesdays And Weekends, Rumplestiltskin
Notes: We were the main support for Sunday Driver last night, and didn't realise quite how popular SD actually are - I've never seen The Cornerhouse so rammed. Always nice to play in front of a bigger audience, and always nice to play a gig when we we're all really going for it. Is it arrogant to say a band I play for are fantastic? Flaming June were last night - everything seemed to go up a notch, the songs were played fast and with passion, the stage was hot and sweaty, I enjoyed myself a great deal. Also a quick mention must go to the band who were on before us - The Treehouse, a folky band from Lincoln, who were excellent, I like the whole male/female vocal thing (I've recently discovered the joys of Darren Hanlon who does that so well), we're playing with them again in a few weeks time and I'm looking forward to it a lot.

No comments: