Wednesday 5 January 2011

Gig report: Aidy @ BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, Cambridge

Bands: Aidy (with myself on percussion and Dave on bass)
Venue: BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, Cambridge
Date: 05/01/11
Audience: Have no idea, but am well aware of some friends listening in at home at least
Set: Make It Happen, If That's All That There Is + various interview bits
Notes: First gig of the year, and all a bit last minute this one - didn't know about it until I checked my Facebook messages this morning saying we've been offered it. We were on the Sue Marchant show, it was all very welcoming and stayed for a couple hours, playing two tracks in the process - the second one being a song I'd heard for the first time about an hour before the gig, he likes to keep me on my toes, that Aidy fella. Interviews were largely based around Aidy's magnificent achievement of releasing a song online every Friday during 2010, the bits were I got to talk were not my finest moments - in the space of an hour and a half I managed to accidentally compare Aidy's music to microwave beefburgers, and also be described as "a lovely enthusiastic spaniel". Still, all good fun and games and a nice way to break up my evenings of writing and wondering how I can make 2011 a winner.

No comments: