Monday 17 January 2011

New ideas, nice stuff


Managed to juggle things around a bit tonight so I could finally get writing this idea I've had for ages with Heather. It's been in my head for a good few weeks, but it's a really complex one - a stage show, essentially telling three stories, from three different times, but all completely linked and fast moving. If I just sat and wrote it myself it would be a mess, so whilst it was perfectly clear in my head what needs to happen it wouldn't work - so it was very much a time to bring a second brain in to the writing process. First writing session with Miss. Yeadon and good fun all round, my pacing around my little flat whilst blurting out ideas nicely honed back in by the other brain in the room so we actually stick to the plot, collaborations are good fun. The picture attached to this post is kind of where we are with it so far - at some point it'll actually turn into a script, and maybe even work well enough to be on stage and everything, but lets not get carried away.

Also got confirmation today that one of my plays is definitely heading to the Leicester Comedy Festival, courtesy of the John Lewis Theatre Group. That makes me happy, it's been on the cards for a couple months now but I'm glad the re-write did the trick. Ironically enough it's a stage version of 'If You Can't Make Me Happy' - the one that is also being made into a short film. That play is the ten minute version of 'Gone Midnight', which I always knew had legs, it's nice that it's finally getting a bit of coverage, three and a half years after I wrote it.

No comments: