Tuesday 14 December 2010

Gig report: Aidy @ The Cornerhouse, Cambridge

Bands: Aidy
Venue: The Cornerhouse, Cambridge (supporting She Makes War)
Date: 13/12/10
Audience: Sparse, but enthusiastic
Set: As always with Aidy's sets, I'm not sure, but I think it was the same as Saturday's show
Notes: I've played the Cornerhouse a lot this year (and I'm back again on Saturday guesting with my mate Jo's band for their special Christmas show) but there's something comforting about that. Tonight's show was promoted by my chum Rich Conway, and he managed to get She Makes War down to the venue as part of the UK tour. We opened, in what felt like a very relaxed, informal, no-pressure kinda gig, and had a good time - the sound was excellent, the audience continually enthused by Aidy's sense of humour, and I played light drums rather than congas this time which made a nice change. She Makes War - by the way - is just one person, Laura Kidd, who was excellent and really enjoyed her set, and she's also incredibly friendly which was refreshing.

No comments: