Friday 12 March 2010

Winging it

This seems to be happening a lot lately; I'm taking on projects without really thinking them through. Tonight I'm playing a gig with my good friend Jon but I don't know any of the songs, nor have I ever rehearsed with him - and it's a long set too full of pub covers. That will be repeated a few more times in the forthcoming weeks as we have a good few gigs coming up. Also, in a couple weeks time I'm playing a set with my friend Rich - another gig in which I've not even heard any of the songs, and on top of those I've got a show with The Damsons (whom I've left, but still help out with on the bigger shows) and I've not played or rehearsed with them this year, and next week a gig with Eureka Stockade - less pressured but still, have not rehearsed for other a month due to other projects and the rest of the band nailing the album in the studio. Also, I've got a murder mystery night in a few weeks time called 'Death Of A Footballer' which I've not actually written yet, another sketch show with Alan Morgan called 'The Hedgehog Collective' in July which we've not written either, and my new production, 'Some Plays About Indie Rock' premieres at the end of April and although it's written we've not got a cast or a director for that one. At least 'Cat Food' is in shape (premieres in April, before Bury and then Brighton fringe festivals) - casting for that now confirmed and they're a lovely bunch. Should probably get more organised, and not having Internet in my flat at the mo hasn't helped things, but I'm flying at the moment - Monday's play has given me a new lease of life, I feel like I can achieve anything right now. And as long as I remain in this optimstic dream bubble of mine, we should be okay.

No comments: