Saturday 27 March 2010

Gig report: Jon Orchard @ The Haymakers, Cambridge

Band: Jon Orchard
Venue: The Haymakers, Cambridge (charity event, opening act)
Date: 26/03/10
Audience: Nice
Set: 7 songs I still don't really know
Notes: We did this one as a duo as Neil (our other guitarist) wasn't about - Jon was good enough though for this not to sound too sparse. As for me - I'm still very much a drummer pretending to be a percussionist, and whilst it's a novelty to see a man hit a sub-snare and cowbell with his bare hands the novelty will wear off after a couple more gigs. Picking up my new congas next week, it'll all be sounding great. It wasn't a bad gig though - to those who don't know what perhaps we'd like to think we're capable of it was a very charming half an hour of acoustic pop. The event itself was a nice one, brilliantly organised by Doug and Lizzie at Lodestar, and the audience were kind enough - I just know that a few shows down the line we'll be storming it. Which is a bonus, because we've got loads of shows coming up...and I won a bottle of Malibu and a Monty Python DVD in the raffle, so it's all good.

No comments: