Friday 3 July 2009

A second Edinburgh Fringe show?

I really shouldn't, should I? It's only 6 weeks till the fringe, I'd have to write a script, find a cast, a director and then work bloody hard to make sure the show actually happens, not to mention flyer design, press and accommodation for any additional actors that would be mad enough to do it. No, Paul, it's a silly idea, stop being so greedy, one show is enough and that one is still requiring a bit of work (flyers, press etc etc), we can't even fit in a local warm-up date for that one because it seems to be incredibly hard to find a night this side of August that all 4 actors are free, which is just crazy - found one evening free (24th July) and it turns out that's the night another Edinburgh show from Cambridge is premiering - at the ADC Theatre, which is likely to have the same audience as us, that's a no-go. Bugger, bugger, bugger. But back to the 2 show idea, how good would that be? Hi, I'm Paul Richards, I'm taking a show to the Edinburgh Fringe this year, no actually - guess what, I'm taking two up there, because I'm fucking good. It can be done, I can take 2 days leave to write it, and then beg some people to be in it? Am I too old to beg actors these days? Maybe they'd want to do it? I don't know. But the offer of a second show is there, it's just too tempting. Really, too tempting. Oh, I do wish you'd stop putting these ideas into my head.

No comments: