Wednesday 22 July 2009

Reasons To Be Cheerful

It's all good, things are getting exciting in my small little world:

SECRET GARDEN PARTY: Playing tomorrow with The Damsons, the rehearsals and warm-up gig have been good, there's a nice vibe in the band. I'm looking forward to playing in front of a decent-sized audience, playing on a big stage, and eating those festival burgers, it is simply what I live for.

EDINBURGH FRINGE: The show seems to be in remarkably good hands. I've not made it to a rehearsal for a while due to other busy stuff, but our director Pam seems incredibly upbeat about it all. Cracking cast, cracking director, my best script yet, finally - have I got it right? Well, there's every chance people will hate it, but that's another fear for another day. And the first Cambridge warm-up date is 2 tickets away from selling out too, hurrah.

BLUES ALBUM RECORDING: Got sent the first mixed track from the Matt Corrall album last night that we recorded a few weeks back. Now, I know we played well, but considering it was a live recording in a small room I wasn't expecting much in the form of audio quality. But B L I M E Y - Marto has done a cracking job, sounds crystal clear, and very, very releasable. Hurrah, again.

It will wear off, this optimism, but for now I'm bouncing along nicely, thank you.

No comments: