Wednesday 8 July 2009

Direction, please. I'm just too excited...

Still not entirely sure what I am; a writer or a musician? People keep telling me to focus on one, but you know - I'm really enjoying myself with both at the mo. Popped my head around the corner at the Edinburgh Fringe rehearsals the other night and everyone seemed in fine form, great to confirm a warm-up date as well - TUESDAY 4TH AUGUST AT THE CELLAR OF CB2 RESTAURANT CAMBRIDGE if anyone reads this, performances at 7.30pm and 9pm. A relief to actually find a day when the whole cast could make it, as much as the '2 shows in 1 night' trick is always potentially dangerous when audiences can't be arsed to turn up. The Facebook attendees list looks pretty sparse so far. I know Facebook isn't the world, but it does give an indication of how busy the night is going to be. Or in this case, how empty it could turn out...

Still, with 'New Adventures In Sat Nav' ready to be sent to every film producer I can find the address of, the Edinburgh show in the bag and with a head/notepad full of ideas for future projects I feel creatively in good shape...

Drum wise rehearsals start tonight for Matt's blues album, which we will record during 8 hours on Saturday - a tall order, but an exciting one. Damsons rehearsals have been great ahead of our gig next Saturday then the Secret Garden Party after that, and more work soon on the Dear Old Blighty (formally Rory Bullard) recordings very soon - young Kez and I have big ideas, only time will tell if it works, but good fun trying these things out all the same.

In a strange kind of summer-based way, I feel all festive.

No comments: