Monday 23 July 2012

Gig report: Trevor Jones @ The Royal Oak, St Ives


Band: Trevor Jones (duo set)
Venue: The Royal Oak, St Ives
Date: 22/07/12
Audience: Rowdy, friendly in a loud way
Set: Not sure, loads of songs
Notes: Enjoyed this one, wasn't sure if I was going to but I did. A 2 hour gig with Trevor, with myself on percussion, playing mostly originally music but with the odd cover thrown in. The Royal Oak has a lot of character to it - I'm good friends with the landlady Lindsey and she's done well with this place, great vibe. The locals are lively and loud but always supportive and they really took to Trevor's music - to the extent they were learning the words to his original songs, and between us we had a nice groove going on. Another gig which hurt my hands - that's a lot of conga playing, but it's always nice to play in front of a cheery audience and we certainly had that, not a bad way to spend a Sunday evening at all. 

No comments: