Sunday 5 February 2012

Gig report: Trevor Jones Band @ The Cornerhouse, Cambridge

Band: The Trevor Jones Band
Venue: The Cornerhouse, Cambridge
Date: 03/02/12
Audience: Packed, enthusiastic
Set: All I Am, Shine A Light, Alive, Old Fashioned Woman, Roll On The Rain, Can't Take This Anymore, Falling
Notes: Sandwiched in between two really, really good bands (The Familiar Strangers and Jacqui & Geoff) we played to a pretty packed crowd on Friday at the intimate Cornerhouse. I'm not going to go on about my snare sound, but it's still not right - and for the second gig in a row it's blighted my performance a little I feel, it just doesn't suit the band I was playing for - too sharp, too snappy, and I feel as a result my own playing must have sounded a bit 'bashy'. Not that anyone would have noticed, of course. I've not actually got a gig for ages now (a few weeks) so some time to get a new head on it and spend a bit of time rectifying this situation. Trev, Tony and Bill all played brilliantly I thought, and the crowd seemed really into it, so mustn't grumble.

No comments: