Sunday 12 February 2012

Gig report: Louise Hamilton @ The Fountain, Cambridge

Band: Louise Hamilton (Flaming June)
Venue: The Fountain, Cambridge
Date: 12/02/12
Audience: Busy enough, chatting
Set: Two sets, pretty much covering most of the highlights of the Flaming June set with a few new tracks
Notes: Played a gig earlier for my mate Julia's birthday, she likes Flaming June a lot and although Clare and Steve were unavailable, Louise and I played this a duo. Slightly strange gig, incredibly stripped down, without a PA so completely acoustic - I did this one without my conga stand so sat down the whole time adding to the relaxed vibe of it all. The audience, of Julia's friends (I pretty much knew everyone there as a majority of them were from WriteOn) were nice enough and applauded at the right time, acoustics a bit suspect but you know - a good song is a good song at the end of the day and Louise has stacks of those, as the two short sets proved.

No comments: