Tuesday 29 March 2011

Edinburgh and stuff

It's been a really busy few days, or week even, and annoyingly the caffiene isn't wearing off. Well, it's annoying because I know that when it does wear off I'll be a useless man. Still, having found out I got a works bonus I then promptly booked 'Is It Too Late To Save Oscar Pike?' - our new show, in for two days at the Edinburgh Fringe in August. Just the two days, just a way of keeping my name out there, and because I'm really proud of this script. I'm really proud of the the way it's started too - had a rehearsal with the full cast tonight and alongside myself (somewhat awkwardly playing the title role) there's Kev, Izzy and Alice - all awesome people whom I'm thrilled to have in this team. Shame that Alice probably can't do the Edinburgh performance, and there's no way I'm acting at the Fringe, but we'll re-cast a little in the summer. Before that though we're performing it with this cast on May 12th for two performances in one night at CB2 cellar in Cambridge, our regular haunt. It's going to be performed in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust, specifically for the 'Three Peaks Challenge' which my workmates/friends Liz and Mick are doing for the cause, hopefully we can raise them a few extra quid for their very difficult and worthy mission. We've got 7 rehearsals, I need to learn my lines, or perhaps more specifically, I need to find a method of learning lines, and then put that method into action.

Also over the last few days I was back in the studio with Laura Tapp to finish recording the singles and also the extra acoustic track. She's really good you know - she's got an outstanding collection of songs that she can just start playing randomly, I'm very excited about both being on this release and also releasing it on the label. Meanwhile the tour with Aidy is gathering momentum nicely with more dates booked in for early July, the gigs are continuing to pile up with all manner of bands (Eureka Stockade summer festivals, Flaming June, Paul Goodwin, Trevor Jones) and tonight before my theatre rehearsal I had a lovely meeting with Andrea from Dowsing For Sound about the future direction and it's a very positive one indeed. This has all the hallmarks of being a rather special summer.

Currently reading: my own script, constantly, baffled by the amount of words
Currently watching: Friday Night Dinner, White Van Man
Currently listening to: Revere - Hey! Selim; The Divine Comedy - Absent Friends

No comments: