Thursday 20 May 2010

Gig report: Tom Tilbury @ The Cornerhouse

Band: Tom Tilbury (with myself on congas, and Si Dartford on a couple songs on additional guitar)
Venue: The Cornerhouse, Cambridge
Date: 19/05/10
Audience: Very little of them
Set: Not sure - 9 songs I think
Notes: A very short notice gig - I'm due to play percussional backing for my mate Tommy Tilbury this Friday evening at our mutual mate Matt's 30th birthday gig, and Wednesday was due to be our rehearsal around my tiny flat. However, when my promoter friend Jo emails me desperate for a band to fill some time on Wednesday the idea of a live rehearsal seemed like fun, after all - how wrong can it go with just guitars and congas? It was actually okay, I was kept pleasantly low in the mix, and Tom's songs were well structured enough to be able to follow. Just a shame he dropped his brand new guitar, making a nasty looking hole in it, which kind of marred the whole evening.

No comments: