Tuesday 11 May 2010

Bury Fringe

We did the Bury Fringe Festival last night and actually had a really good time. I even took some pictures, if I find the cable that connects my camera to my PC I'll put some up because the venue - The Attic of Benson Blakes, was lovely and the people running the festival were also very kind and very welcoming. 'Some Plays About Indie Rock' was obviously *slightly* messy due to the fact that the guys had just 5 hours to rehearse the thing, but they pulled through it bravely and the audience were kind enough to ignore any glitches. After a short interval we did 'Cat Food' again and for the second night running it was really slick, fast and looking like the show I always hoped it would be, I was a little too animated as the character of 'Michael' perhaps but I blame that on the fact I was caffeined up to my eyeballs, and also the fact that the more animated I seemed to get the more the audience seemed to enjoy it more. I'm such a show-off, sometimes. There wasn't a huge crowd there at all, but it was one of the most enjoyable theatre-based nights out I've had in ages, despite the fact the show was billed as 'Paul Richards Double Bill', which alarmed me slightly (and Gytha's kind flattery of my writing abilities during her interview on BBC Radio Suffolk may have boosted my ego somewhat, even if she did say I was "bonkers", which she meant as a compliment I'm sure). Good times - these are good times, and I've got a good feeling about Brighton.

No comments: