Tuesday 23 February 2010

Gig report: Under The Streetlamp @ The Haymakers

Band: Under The Streetlamp
Venue: The Haymakers, Cambridge (main support)
Date: 23/02/10
Audience: Sparse but responded well
Set: Sunny Rainy Tuesday, Do I Don't I I Do, Anything Nothing, I Never Win, What She Did To You, Last Excuses Of Summer, Honest Lullaby
Notes: Our last gig for a while as Alister 'Percy' Bunclark heads off to Mexico this week, he'll be gone for about 6 months which is a shame because we were really starting to fly as a band - both in the studio and on stage. Tonight's performance was fairly caffeine-based, a little brash and the jazziness was at times lost in the fast tempos of the set. Saying that, it seems to go down well this way - especially in a more 'rock' venue such as The Haymakers. I love playing in this band, nobody else lets me get away with some of the showboating I do with 'Streetlamp - and rightly so because normally it wouldn't work, but it does when I'm on stage with these rascals. A good gig.

No comments: