Sunday 20 October 2013

Gig report: Flaming June @ Oxjam - The Avery, Cambridge

Band: Flaming June
Venue: Oxjam @ The Avery, Cambridge
Dates: 19/10/2013
Audience: Polite enough
Set: Rejoice, Stop The Ride, Rumplestiltskin, Nerves Of Steel, Those Were The Days, Little Love In A Cruel World, Pyscho, Wednesdays & Weekends, In Pursuit Of Happiness (no drums)
Notes: Hungover from a rare night off from gigging (so naturally I was at a gig with friends, followed by a somewhat excessive aftershow party) and straight from a cracking session recording the jazz Christmas album with Grace and Alister (two of my favourite people, it was a joy), I dashed over to The Avery to play the first of my two Oxjam gigs for the day. Afternoon gigs are strange, and the vibe in the room felt that day, very polite but slightly subdued. Still, both Louise and Diane were on cracking form, I enjoyed it a lot despite having to miss the last song to dash to my next gig...

No comments: