Sunday 8 September 2013

Gig report: Fred's House @ BNatural, Bildesdon

Band: Fred's House
Venue: BNatural Festival, Bildesdon
Date: 07/09/13
Audience: Very nice
Set: Take A Ride, I'm Not Saying, Wrong Time, Face In The Water, Hold On, Too Late To Go Home, Fine Life, Marathon Man, Beautiful You
Notes: Bildesdon really is in the middle of nowhere; but I found that quite charming. If this was an evening gig and I was dashing straight from somewhere else perhaps less so, but having had a leisurely drive through various small Suffolk villages, I arrived fresh and very happy to do this one. The gig itself was in an inflatable marquee in the market square - a busy audience watching, outstanding Cornish pasties. Putting on a festival in the town centre on a Saturday afternoon could have been chaos, but it wasn't - it was run brilliantly, and I grew a certain sense of fondness towards Bildesdon, it's the kind of place I'd like to retire. Decent gig, good reaction after.

No comments: