Sunday 4 March 2012

The filming of Being Mr Abernathy

Spent most of yesterday on the set for the filming of a new short film called Being Mr Abernathy. It was directed by Chris Dane with a script that he'd written based on a script by Michelle Golder, and I was cast as a chap called Darren. Apart from the Fred's House video shoot last year and a cameo appearance in the 'Firenado' stage show at Lodestar this is the first time I've been cast in something that I haven't written myself. A bit like a 'proper actor' then, but I'm still denying that bit. My character is described in the script as being a 'lanky pencil pusher,' so it's probably obvious why I was asked to be in this one...was great fun though, fantastic short film that I'm looking forward to seeing when it's done. It was shot in a large open plan office in Cambridge, with a fantastic and supportive crew, some very familiar faces, some people I vaguely knew and to whom it was nice to chat to further and some people I'd never met before - but everyone was lovely. Everyone I've met in film is lovely - are they all like that? Anyway, it went well I think, I stumbled across my lines but that's what they seemed to want anyway such is the nature of my character and hopefully it was okay. But I'm not an actor - I just help out, okay? Good, glad we've confirmed that. Straight after the film I dashed off the '100 Songs In 5 Hours' fringe fundraising gig I was organising/playing. More on that later, but I've got to look at my script urgently ahead of the murder mystery performance later. Again though my character is a gangly, awkward loser...so it's not really acting, no.

No comments: