Sunday 5 June 2011

Gig report: Flaming June @ Stowfest, Stowmarket

Band: Flaming June
Venue: Stowfest Festival, Stowmarket
Date: 05/06/2011
Audience: Lots of them, a lot of kids
Set: Rejoice, Under My Skin, You Do Moody So Well, Rumplestiltskin, Nerves Of Steel, I Know What It's Like (no drums), Insane Ex-Girlfriend Parade, Stop The Ride, Wednesday's And Weekends
Notes: Of all the festivals I've done recently this certainly has to be one of the friendliest. A family day out really, but meticulously well organised with two stages running well together and a really nice vibe to it. Because of the nature of the audience we couldn't play 'The Wizard', but other than that it was typical fiery Flaming June doing what we do best. Having not played percussion for a while as I've been back on the drums recently, my hands hurt a little after a couple songs but by the end of the set they'd toughened up again. We played well today, we generally always do - FJ are a very consistent band, although if I'd known there was going to be so many photographers I would have warn a nicer t-shirt. All in all a good day, good sound, good crowd, relatively easy drive home too.

No comments: