Friday 19 November 2010

Gig report: Ethan Ash @ CB2, Cambridge

Band: Ethan Ash (duo set)
Venue: CB2, Cambridge
Date: 20/11/10
Audience: Absolutely rammed, so packed it was uncomfortable - in a good way
Set: 10 songs altogether, 5 of which I had the pleasure of playing on (the 4 tracks from the EP - Take Some Time, Hushed Quiet Silence, Dawning, Tried To Get Rid Of Me) and a new track which I can't remember then name of, interspersed with 5 non-drum tracks which Ethan performed solo - 4 tracks from his first EP, and a new song
Notes: Ethan Ash has been the iTunes single of the week all week for his superb single, 'Tried To Get Rid Of Me', which I had the pleasure of performing on, and then releasing on the label. Half way through a mammoth tour of the UK, I was invited to play live with him tonight at the EP launch in his home town, basically playing the songs I recorded with him and one extra track. There's a real buzz about Ethan, he's building a good following, and the show tonight - which was organised by the consistently brilliant Living Room team, was a lovely event. Such is the small venue, it was completely packed, with many having to stand at the back, and there was a great sense of expectation in the air. I loved it tonight, I like playing to crowds that are really up for it, and Ethan's stage presence is top notch, it's very much a gig where I need to be out of the limelight and very much in the background and I worked hard to keep myself quiet, sharp, but funky, and all in all it worked out a treat. I'm knackered.

No comments: