Monday 22 July 2013

Gig report: Fred's House @ Hare Fest, Leighton Buzzard

Band: Fred's House
Venue: Hare Fest, Leighton Buzzard

Date: 21/07/13
Audience: Relaxed, rapturous by the end 
Set: Looking Glass, I'm Not Saying, Wrong Time, Face In The Water, Last Thing I Wanted, Take A Ride, Fine Life, Too Late To Go Home, Marathon Man, Beautiful You, Twist & Shout (encore)
Notes: It's amazing how the mood of a day can change sometimes. Despite being quite close to Luton, Leighton Buzzard is surprisingly nice - and Hare Fest, a small festival in the grounds of a pub, felt very friendly and the people were so nice. We headlined the final day of this cracking little event, the other acts were awesome - but due to the heat and the fact we were there for a long time (early soundchecks) we all felt more than a bit drowsy (I think I was even a bit grumpy) during the six hours before our performance. Walked on stage feeling a little flat, but it literally took seconds to 'feel' it - what a great little band Fred's House are you know. Brilliant set, you could just sense that everyone - the band, the audience, were on the same page by the end, my fourth gig with these guys and I feel it's the tightest I've played with them since joining. The unplanned encore was Twist & Shout, unrehearsed and played with plenty of humour, people danced, we felt very good indeed.

No comments: