Tuesday 19 March 2013

An Embarrassment Of Richards: Week Two


Our second week of filming the series of plays, ‘An Embarrassment Of Richards’ took place on Sunday evening. I’d been looking forward to this one in a while as, out of the three evenings, I felt this material is my strongest I’ve ever written. Two more plays were performed – the absurd comedy, ‘Toxic Tornado’ and the (now) strangely moving, ‘Great Achievers.’ Despite a slightly shaky trip there (I think I scared some of the team with my somewhat dubious driving) and a much lower than expected audience turnout (the six who did make it down laughed a lot though – thank you Marcus, Leigh, Jack, Andy, David and Amy) it met expectations – this wonderful cast of Eifion, Amelia, Alan and Emma, coupled with Sarah’s spot-on direction is a gift for any playwright. Can’t wait to see the footage, especially the footage of a falling/smashing bowl that Alan somehow managed to incorporate into the plot... 

No comments: