Saturday 9 February 2013

Gig report: Flaming June @ The Cornerhouse, Cambridge

Band: Flaming June
Venue: The Cornerhouse, Cambridge
Date: 09/02/13
Audience: Fantastic
Set: Stop The Ride, Rumplestiltskin, Nerves Of Steel, I Know What It's Like, Psycho, Sweetness Weakness, Little Love In A Cruel World
Notes: My second gig of the night, and over to a pretty busy Cornerhouse. We were supposed to be headlining this but due to Alyssa's illness we had to play it as a duo and opted to be main support instead, with the very enjoyable Honeywitch taking the final slot. Because we were a musician down we really ramped up our performances tonight - it was a manic and fast set, which resulted in Louise losing her voice just before the last song, she really was putting everything into it. That was probably something to do with the fact we had such a vibrant audience all into it, and on a personal level it was nice to see Georgia, Rhian, Lucy, Lynsey, Dominique, Onat and Phil all make it down. That was my second gig of the night and I could have easily played a third. See, I've had a relatively lazy day, catching up on emails, trying to take it a little easy after a week of running about all over the place but as a result I just felt fatigued - I'm just no good at relaxing, tonight's gigs were both great - energy seems to create more energy and I'm rather hungry for more nights like this.

No comments: