Wednesday 1 June 2011

Oscar Pike - show 4

I can barely keep my eyes open so I'll keep this brief. That was hard work tonight, but we did it. My expectations changed from last night where I wanted us to do the 'best show ever' to simply 'getting through it' when I woke up this morning feeling sick, dizzy and lacking in a throat. During the course of the day I drank 8 bottles of water and a litre of orange juice and by the end of the working day I was communicating freely again and knew the show was a goer. I coughed a lot on stage tonight, but still got the show done - in fact my over eagerness to keep the pace up lead to me really rushing things, my monologue about 'everything I hate about working here' was so fast I think it was lost on most people. Michelle reckoned last night's performance was better, I disagree and thought tonight was marginally stronger, either way they're fairly close. The audience seemed to laugh more tonight, but that's probably not a reflection of the performance, as much as I probably wanted it to be. Feel sad that I was too ill to even make the post-show drinks with the wonderful team, all of whom I respect enormously. Mustn't grumble - fourth performance of Oscar Pike, fourth sellout, so we must be doing something right. I guess my desire for perfection in myself though will have to wait until August when we hit Edinburgh.

No comments: