Monday 12 January 2009

It's the simple things that inspire the most

I start the new week with a twinge of optimism; hopefully if I get that arse in gear and have a few good writing sessions this week it'll be more than a twinge. But optimism all the same; little things are making me happy at the moment. The new Morrissey album is amazing - there's a line on the second track which has inspired me to work on a new play idea: Life Isn't Very Much To Lose, It's Just So Lonley Here Without You. The man is a god. Other things that have made me happy; Gytha's party on Friday night, which was random and brilliant, lovely people, great atmosphere, artiness all round, felt far more welcome there than I do down my 'local' every weekend. Also, the Our Painted Nature logo (see pic) as added to the band's Myspace page (www.myspace.com/ourpaintednature) - I can't help but smile at it, this sums up the project for me - bloody brilliant. Anyway, I'll stop talking about the optistic nature of my morning now and actually do something constructive with this frame of mind, time to crack on with the Edinburgh script.

No comments: