Sunday 16 March 2014

Final lounge shows, gigs

My diary commonly reads, 'more shows like this please' these days, which is a positive thing. The last few lounge shows were really strong - I felt perhaps at Maria's I was still uncertain of the material and garbled a bit, but then by the time I performed at Andy's, Matt's and Colin's the momentum was building and my confidence hit the expected performance standard. I've got about 7 weeks now before this show tours properly, I need to hit my stride a bit quicker but on paper this show works; it's my best work to date, no doubt about that, I just need to have the stage presence to go with it. It's all progress though, 2014 is a year of progress.

In the meantime our little sitcom, And Then Things Got Complicated For Emily & Michael, has been brilliantly received. Not huge audience figures, but random people have come up to me, or messaged me, to say how much they've enjoyed it, which is lovely. Looking forward to bashing out another 4 episodes soon, these characters have a lot of life in them yet. Watched our film, The Many Struggles Of Oscar Pike, again the other day before the premiere in a few weeks time. It works, better than it should so, but it's so tragic at times...is it possible to have a feel-bad comedy that eventually turns into a feel-good movie? If so, I think that's what we've created.

This weekend it was nice to be back as a drummer again; full-on rock gig with The Prisoner Of Mars on Friday night in Cambridge, acoustic folk gig with Fred's House in Chesham on the Saturday. Both great evenings for very different reasons...I'm happy enough right now.

No comments: