Saturday 24 November 2012

Gig report: Flaming June @ CB2, Cambridge

Band: Flaming June
Venue: CB2, Cambridge
Date: 24/11/12
Audience: Small, but they enjoyed it
Set: Rejoice, Stop The Ride, Rumplestiltskin, Nerves Of Steel, I Know What It's Like, Under My Skin, Psycho, Wednesday's And Weekends, Little Love In A Cruel World
Notes: My first gig in a few weeks due to the tour of the play etc, but a nice friendly little show. As part of the always jolly Night Of The Artisans monthly event, small audience this time around - about 11 people I think, but all seated which means we had their full attention and they were vocal in their enjoyment of the set. Played well, lots of energy, a little bit angry at times, good vibes on stage. Followed Tom Copson who was just incredible - his vocal range is outstanding, was a pleasure to watch that, he'll go far - everyone could see that. Shame I missed headliner Cara Winter who I've heard good things about but I had a friend in need who needed beer, but with such a nice atmosphere in the room I'm sure she would have had a great gig.

No comments: