Tuesday 15 November 2011

Christmas script

Seriously, why do I bother. I confess I've just signed in to have a rant, but I'm annoyed with myself. Last year I said I'd only do a Christmas show this time around if it would be a step up, a real revolutionary idea perhaps, something that was a stark improvement on 2011's mediocre offering. Suddenly I've found myself in a position where the first rehearsal is this Thursday, I'd taken today off work (Tuesday) and, despite planning a script meticulously, I scrapped it at 1.30pm and started again. It's much better now, but lacks any form of depth. I've got about 20 minutes worth good material in there, but there isn't too much millage left in this plot, it could easily be wrapped up in five more pages. Even tagging a live band in for the 'death scene' (a tradition of mine) the show itself would be a flimsy 40 minutes. Have I gone downhill as a writer? Am I no longer festive? What's the fucking point?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Does this help dude? http://thescriptlab.com/screenplay/what-is-a-screenplay/1018-20-steps-to-screenwriting-success?start=1