Sunday 23 September 2012

Gig report: The British IBM @ The Hope & Anchor, London

Band: The British IBM
Venue: Hope And Anchor, London
Date: 23/09/12
Audience: Friendly
Set: Make It Happen, Pain In My Heart, Animal, Sugar Water, The British IBM, Cannibal, 3 Years, Washing Machine
Notes: We've been reluctant to play London recently, preferring instead to play in other cities/towns in the country where we could make more of a mark, but the chance to headline this prestigious venue was too good to turn down. Great performance space, nice house kit to play on, good sound on and off the stage, managed to get the train in from the small village I live in and meet the guys at Kings Cross - it was such an easy gig to do. That was possibly the reason why we were just a little bit slack - some good friends were there (Rob, Matt, Izzy, James) so a little alcohol indulgence was in order, and we all came off stage knowing that we hadn't really played that well. The thing is, as I've said before, we know we're a really strong band - we've been gigging a while now with two tours and we're very rehearsed, so even when we're not quite hitting our full stride we put on a good show and those who were there to watch us really seemed to love it. I just know how good we can be, if my memory serves me correctly I dropped three beats in the whole gig - but that's three beats more than I should have dropped, it's just good enough. Apart from our actual slightly ramshackle performance it was a really nice evening though.

No comments: