Sunday 22 January 2012

Gig report: Flaming June @ CB2, Cambridge

Band: Flaming June
Venue: CB2, Cambridge
Date: 20/01/12
Audience: Busy, seated, nice
Set: Not sure
Notes: I should really write down the Flaming June sets as this was a goodun. Anyway, I liked Friday's gig a lot, even if it has taken me two days to post this. Having spent many months there over the years rehearsing theatre productions, the cellar of CB2 restaurant is like a second home to me - even the bar staff know me by name, which is both strange and nice. We were headlining an acoustic evening, I was pretty relaxed about it all for a majority of the night - some friends (Jack and Ken) had turned up, so had my sister, there was a nice vibe, then the other acts on the bill were so brilliant - in particular Alice Walker, and I felt strangely worried about it. Shouldn't have worried though, it was all all good - I felt perhaps at the Cornerhouse gig a week previously we were a touch rusty, but for this one we'd hit our stride again and it was a decent performance. It's always interesting to see how an audience reacts to certain songs; as they were all seated the atmosphere was a little quiter - yet far more attentive, than we're used to, but with 'The Insane Ex-Girlfriend Parade' any sense of artist/listener boundary had been broken because they loved that and it felt like we couldn't do a thing wrong from that tune onwards. A nice evening.

No comments: