Friday 16 December 2011

Gig report: Flaming June @ The Cornerhouse, Cambridge

Band: Flaming June
Venue: The Cornerhouse, Cambridge
Date: 16/12/11
Audience: Friendly, half-full venue
Set: Not sure - the regular set with a new track thrown in
Notes: First gig with Flaming June for what feels like ages, and it's always a pleasure. The new track (I played this for the first time in the soundcheck) slots in nicely, the venue was decorated all festive which made me smile and we played with plenty of confidence. Hungover from the office Christmas party the night before (free bar, oh dear) I was a little sluggish at times, but the rest of the guys seemed in good form. Shame I couldn't stay to watch headliner Tom Copson play (my old mucker from Under The Streetlamp, Jess, sings with him) but had to dash off to Eureka Stockade-Andy's birthday curry just down the road. Nice evening, knackered.

No comments: