Friday 30 September 2011

Gig report: Flaming June @ The Missing Sock, Stow-Cum-Quy

Band: Flaming June
Venue: The Missing Sock, Stow-Cum-Quy
Date: 30/09/11
Audience: Small, but very nice
Set: Rejoice, Under My Skin, You Do Moody So Well, Nerves Of Steel, I Know What It's Like, The Insane Ex-Girlfriend Parade, The Devil's Daughter, Stop The Ride, Rumplestiltskin, Little Love In A Cruel World, Wednesday's And Weekends
Notes: One of the quirkiest venues I've played, The Missing Sock is a restaurant oozing with character - the venue even has it's own bus outside. It's been the hottest whatever since whatever (I'm rubbish with actual facts) so a lot of people ate outside, and we played inside, so not the biggest audience but equally more people seemed to hear us than we could see as after every song there was audible applause from other parts of the restaurant. I enjoyed this, we played well, I liked having two congas again rather than one (I've been a bit lazy recently), the set was the perfect length, and a general feeling that we went down well. They gave us very nice food after the set and I was home by 10pm, lovely.

No comments: